DUBAI 17 April 2017: Being an entrepreneur is serious business. Know yourself.
Either you have it in you – or you don’t, says Theda Muller, a UAE-based visionary entrepreneur, CEO & Founder of various UAE companies.
She suggests: Know yourself before you embark on entrepreneurship.
When you have not come to terms with:
1. Who you really are?
2. What you truly want out of life?
3. Why you wish to become an entrepreneur?
4. Do you know what will make you really happy?
5. Do you have the ability to create happiness and harmony for yourself regardless of what’s happening around you?
6. Do you depend on someone or others for your personal happiness and satisfaction in life?
7. How do you embrace your being?
8. Can you cope with normal life pressures? What about current business pressures of employment?
9. What is your view on money? Are you its Master or Slave?
10. Is money your only focus to embark on Entrepreneurship?
11. Can you independently overcome personal and business hurdles or does it immobilize you?
12. Do you know what you would love doing every day that does not feel like work?
13. Have you truly emerged yourself in the millions of online resources within the domain of ‘self-help?’
14. Have you sacrificed the time and effort to emerge yourself in current global business trends and personal transformation knowledge and experience for at least 2 years prior to making this decision to embark on entrepreneurship?
15. Do you understand that concept of being absolutely authentic and true to yourself when in business?
16. Would you be able to pick yourself up again without any help if you ever fell? No, I’m not being pessimistic, this is reality.
17. Would you be able to ‘make do’ the day you are unable to pay yourself in any one month or few months?
18. How disciplined are you?
19. Are you routine-ridden and expect everything to run like clock-work?
20. How enterprising are you?
21. Do you know anything about “Game-Changing?’ What if a facet of your business was a failure? Could you easily thrash it out at the drawing board and surface with something better, more enterprising that would fit you and your business to a tee?
The list is endless and my point here is to raise an awareness that embarking on entrepreneurship is not just black and white – there is work to do, much work prior, after start-up and then it’s a continuous challenge of self and to grow the business to the best that it can be, rendering the most sterling service deliverables, because after all, the best continuity of business, is referrals from satisfied clients.
The job has no start and end time, it’s 24 hours most of the time not just the initial stages so you must be absolutely dedicated, focused and commitment before you even take the 1st thought seriously, forget about the 1st step.
One very key personal transformation of self during this entire process is the automatic development of self, to grow into someone more magical, powerful in thought and a leader who can empower others around them without even thinking about it.
I would not swap entrepreneurship for a day job, absolutely not but you must be prepared to open your mind, embark on new unique findings created by you that you believe in, embrace and then present it to the world with the utmost confidence. Self-belief is the most powerful emotion a human can achieve because it makes you well-rounded, assertive and strong in more ways than you can imagine.
How about failure? I would not be prepared to learn from anyone who has not failed in life and business as it’s a full circle of experiences so when someone offers to mentor you and you know they failed but also achieved where they have a strong track-record to prove it, then my advice is ‘he who hesitates is lost!’.
Embrace the mentorship or advice with both hands and don’t delay it if you feel inside you were born to be an Entrepreneur, because I believe we know if this is our path in life and nobody can convince us otherwise, as we are a special breed of person. So learn to embrace yourself, your innate gifts and uniqueness.
All the points listed above are a figment of the basics of what you need to be and to change the negative responses you have right now to those points, to absolute positive. A bad tradesman always blames he’s tools, don’t be one of those, be your authentic gifted talented self that you know you are…..
By Theda Muller
Note: Theda Muller is a UAE-based visionary entrepreneur, CEO & Founder of various UAE companies, business advisor and legacy mentor, US trained and globally experienced. She is also an author of two books: Embrace Financial Freedom Volume One: 10 Proven Ways To Release Debt And Emotional Fears In Today’s Economy, and Volume Two: Releasing Fear And Bouncing Back From A Debt Crisis. She also conducts webinars and workshops on debt recovery.