ABU DHABI 23 April 2017: (WAM) — Park your car for free today in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
All surface public parking bays will be free of charge on the occasion of Isra and Miraj today Sunday, April 23rd, announced Integrated Transport Centre (ITC), at the Department of Municipal Affairs and Transport in Abu Dhabi.
ITC urges all drivers to avoid parking their vehicles in prohibited areas at any time, including residents’ parking bays from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m..
ITC also said that all its Customer Care Centres will be closed on Sunday, April 23rd.
Free parking in Dubai too
Public parking will be free on Sunday April 23 all across Dubai – except at multi-level parking lots and the Fish Market, according to Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
RTA has announced changes to the business hours of all its services in Dubai during the Isra and Miraj holiday on April 23.
Service outlets include customers’ happiness centres, paid parking zones, public buses, Dubai metro and tram services, marine transit modes, driving schools, and vehicle testing and registration centres.
Customer Centres: All customers’ happiness centres will be closed during Isra and Miraj holiday corresponding to Sunday 23 April 2017, and will be back to business on Monday 24 April, said Moaza Al Marri, RTA Director of Marketing & Corporate Communication.
Parking: All paid parking zones will be free across the emirate on Sunday with the exception of multi-level parking lots and the Fish Market parking area. Paid parking fees will be reactivated on Monday 24 April.
Metro: During the holiday on Sunday, the Metro Red Line stations will operate from 05:30 am to 12:00 am (midnight). The express Metro service will continue as normal. The Green Line stations will operate from 05:50 am to 12:00 am (midnight).
Dubai Tram: The Dubai Tram will be in service on Sunday from 06:30 am to 01:00 am (of the following day).
Pubic Buses: The timing of public buses (Dubai Bus) at various stations on Sunday 23 April will be as follows:
- Main Bus Stations such as Gold Souk, will operate from 04:25 am to 12:00 am (midnight).
- Al Ghubaiba Station will be in service from 04:30 am to 12:00 midnight.
- Sub-stations such as Satwa, will start from 04:57 am to 11:35 pm except for Route C01, which operates, around-the-clock.
- Al Qusais Station will run bus service from 04:30 am to 12:00 midnight;
- Al Quoz Industrial Station will be in operation from 05:00 am to 11:30 pm, while
- Jebel Ali Station will start business from 05:00 am and continue up to 12:00 midnight.
Metro feeder bus stations at Rashidiya, Mall of the Emirates, Ibn Battuta, Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall, Abu Hail, and Etisalat will be in service from 05:00 am to 12:20 am (past midnight).
Inter-city Service: Inter-city bus service will be operating as follows:
- Main stations such as Al Ghubaiba will remain operating around the clock to Sharjah (Jubail)
- Abu Dhabi service will be running from 04:30 am up to 12:00 am (midnight).
Substations such as Union Square will be in service from 04:35 am up to 01:25 am (of the following day).
- Al Sabkha Station will be operating from 06:15 am until 01:30 am (of the following day),
- Deira City Centre Station will be operating from 05:35 am until 11:30 pm,
- Karama Station will run bus service from 06:10 am until 10:20 pm, and Al Ahli Club Station will run from 05:55 am to 10:15 pm.
External Stations: such as Sharjah’s Al Ta’awun will run from 05:30 am until 10:00 pm, Fujairah Station will operate from 05:20 am until 09:04 pm, Ajman Station from 04:27 am until 11:00 pm, and Hatta Station will be in operation from 05:30 am until 09:30 pm.
Marine Transit: The timing of marine transit services on Sunday 23 April will be as follows:
- The Water Bus will run at Marina Stations (Marina Mall, Marina Walk, Marina Terrace, Marina Promenade) from 12:00 at noon up to 12:00 midnight.
- Dubai Ferry will be calling at Ghubaiba and Marina Stations at 11:00 am, 01:00 pm, 03:00 pm, 05:00 pm and 06:30 pm. The Ferry will operate from Al Jaddaf Station to Dubai Water Canal Station at 10:00 am, 12:00 at noon, and 05:30 pm, and from Dubai Water Canal Station to Al Jaddaf Station at 12:05 at noon, 02:05 pm and 07:35 pm.
- The Water Taxi will operate from 09:00 am until 10 pm.
Abra Timing: During Isra and Miraj holiday will be as follows:
- Traditional Abra will operating in Dubai Creek Stations (Ghubaiba, Baniyas, and Dubai Old Souk), from 10:00 am until 12:00 midnight
- Sheikh Zayed Station, it will operate from 04:00 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The (Electric) Abra will be operating at Burj Khalifa from 06:00 pm until 11:00 pm,
- Al Mamzar from 02:00 pm until 12:00 midnight.
- The Air-conditioned at Al Jaddaf, Dubai Festival City will operate from 07:00 am to 12:00 midnight
- Atlantis Abra will be out service.
All centers affiliated to service providers will be closed on Saturday 22 April, and will resume service on Sunday 23 April,” added Al Marri.
By Angel Chan